ELECTRICAL ENGINEER LEAD
(Abbreviated Job Announcement)
If you are a talented engineer who enjoys leading other engineers into high quality, technically advanced oil, gas and petrochemical projects; consider this opportunity to become an owner of mid-sized and growing, 100% ESOP-owned engineering firm.
a full service engineering, design, procurement and project management firm servicing oil, gas, petrochemical clients faithfully for over 40 years throughout the western US and Canada from multiple regional offices. The loyalty of the customers is based on quality work done on time, on budget with a solid company code of honesty, integrity, fairness and professionalism.
this is a key technical and relational position leading engineers and designers while engaging top level professionals among the Clients who have challenging and engaging projects. This position is at the Anchorage branch office.
in addition to a very competitive compensation package of solid salary, vacation, multiple retirement and health plans; you will be working in an area surrounded by the Chugach Mountain Range and Cook Inlet with occasional sighting of bear and moose with in the city limits. It is a great place to live.
- Degreed Electrical Engineer
- Minimum 7 years of experience in design of industrial electrical power, distribution, area classification, schematics, grounding, lighting, and heat tracing systems.
- Working knowledge of industry standards, such as the NEC and IEEE.
- Strong communication skills with clients, team members, and vendors / material providers.
- Skilled at early project phase scoping, development with the ability to estimate and schedule.
- Able to work in refinery and other oil and gas production/transportation facilities.
- Professional Engineer
- Project engineering/discipline team leadership experience helpful
- Develop project front-end documentation, including project execution plans, estimates, and schedules as related to electrical scope.
- Help assign electrical engineering and design staff to various projects within the Program.
- Lead and be responsible for the development of electrical specifications and construction drawing packages for petrochemical process and heavy-industrial facilities.
- Coordinate/communicate with the electrical Resource Mgr for hiring needs.Staff hiring is not within the scope of responsibilities, but being available to interview and part of the process is.
- Responsible for using Company software tools to report on work status, forecasting, and schedule for projects with electrical scope within the Program.
- Develop/review of procurement specifications, documentation, data sheets, and bid tabulations.
- Ability to perform power system analysis (calculations of fault currents, electrical demand load, voltage drop, conduit and feeder sizing, heat trace sizing, etc.)
- Single point of accountability for all work in electrical Resource Group conducted in Program.
- Help mentor more junior electrical engineers and designers.
Knowledge of the following software:
- Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Electrical modeling software (SKM, EZPower, and/or ETAP) and application software (lighting & heat trace design)
- AutoCAD not required, but could potentially be utilized
If you want to work for a progressive, long-term player in challenging industries with exciting projects, attach your updated resume and we will explore the fit.